Type of Organization: Jewellery Manufacturing
Challenge Area: Productivity & Quality Maintenance
Kiah one of the largest manufacturers of Diamond Jewellery in the state was facing the problems in terms of Quality falling off in spite of having a QC system stimulated at all stage of productions.
“Crafting of productivity is equally important as crafting jewelry!”
- Production capacity was not fulfilled even though sales order was in pipeline i.e. gap in capacity vs. achievement of production
- Error Ratio – High ratio of rework in the overall production process.
- Lack of Systems and Process in QC Dept.
The project team designed a TQC procedure dotting all the problems in the production process. The procedure included 4 steps process to be followed at all the 14 stages of production.
The 4 step quality check procedure
The TQC was designed to achieve the following:
- Reducing Error ratio and the ratio of rework which will, in turn, take production process towards Quality Improvement
- Increase in Production Capacity by Inducing quality control measures at all 14 stages of productions
- Keeping tracks and control on wastage.
Impacts on Clients Business
- Drastic Reduction in error and rework ratio by 22%
- Rework cost was reduced to the benchmark level.
- Production cycle time reduced by 35%
- Production Capacity increased by 28%